What’s easy about making a daily commitment to self? The easy part, is letting inertia make decisions for us.
“You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it”
– Paulo Coelho
Ross and I, sit down once again, and discuss the changes he has noticed over the last 7 weeks. One of the key points is how Ross feels about himself, and this is so important…
IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO START!
Just in case you missed my first chat with Ross :
Here are 10 Tips from Ross that can help put a little more Pop into life .
- You gotta want it – once you paddle into the wave you need to fully commit. You can’t half-ass it (my words not his)
- It’s never too late to start.
- Perseverance / Persistence / Patience.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself – we all slip.
- Get out there and just be.
- Enjoy it for what it is – our sense of self is not on the line.
- You need to do the reps.
- Fitness and being active is more than just physical.
- Need to try new things.
- We get what we train for – stretch outside the comfort zone or stay inside the self-imposed boundaries.
Take Home Messages
- Ross owns what was holding himself back – his lack of fitness. We need to take an honest look at ourselves. Honesty and authenticity.
- Leave the ego at the door. It would have been very easy for Ross to play the I’m 55 card.
- Feeling good in myself – love it Ross!
- When we start to look outside ourselves is when we run into trouble. Don’t get wrapped up in the numbers.
- Clothes feel better – the scale doesn’t tell the truth.
- Importance of planning. Where are you going? How will you get there?
- Consistently shows up – he doesn’t half-ass it (once again my words).
- Trust the process. Friendly reminder – Patience, Perseverance, and Persistence.
There is no reap without the sow
Ross is the one who is doing the reps. Doing the reps on a daily basis. Let’s be honest, it’s not going to happen overnight. It’s not easy to stretch outside our comfort zones, and it’s even tougher to put our faith and trust in the process.
I wasn’t blowing any smoke up his ass, Ross is keen as mustard, and is making a consistent commitment to himself.
Check it out for yourself…Ross it truly is an Honour.
For a little direction to getting going with your own POP check out – The Choose Yourself Circuit.